The quality of Perth water is a hot topic in the healthy living arena. Considering our bodies are mostly water, it stands to reason to think about what is in our water, before we put it in our bodies.
Australian Drinking Water Guidelines state water “should contain no harmful concentrations of chemicals or pathogenic micro-organisms, and ideally it should be aesthetically pleasing in regard to appearance, taste and odour”.
To maintain drinkable water, authorities use settling, coagulation, filtering and disinfecting processes to inhibit re-growth of microorganisms as water travels through pipes to your home. Sometimes water taste is impacted, which is why people chose to install a water filtration system.
For people suffering from allergies or other health concerns, water filtration systems can make a difference.
If you are considering installing a water filter in your home, you are in the right place.
Plumbing Bros work with water all day, every day. Our qualified team of local plumbers can provide relevant information and advice based on years of ‘water’ experience.
When it comes to the quality of water in your home what is the best option to suit you? There is an abundance of options available. The following information will help, otherwise contact us.
What is the difference between whole house filters and standard sink only filters?
When considering a filtration system focus on exactly what you want to filter out. Use that as your starting point.
The main differences between whole house and sink only water filtration is cost. There are good and great systems available.
Benefits of a whole house filter include;
- filtered water for every part of your home
- chlorine and other chemicals, based on the unit, are removed from water before it enters your home
- potentially harmful chemicals are not transferred to food, clothing, your skin or into the air inside your home
Benefits of under-sink water filters include;
- can be easy to install and use and doesn’t need significant maintenance
- use carbon filtration technology – it’s faster and designed to remove a variety of contaminants
- unit fits under your sink and can attach to your existing tap
How much will a water filtration system cost?
A whole house water filtration system can range in price $150 to $4,000. Units vary based on what is filtered and installation costs.
Under-sink filtration units typically range in price from $180 to $600. This price is for the initial unit.
What else to consider
Of course, cost is a factor when looking at water filtration systems for your home. The initial cost of the unit is not the only thing to consider.
Here are some other things to keep in mind;
- does the unit need a qualified plumber to install it?
- how often do filters need to be changed and at what cost?
- what do you want the filtration unit to remove?
- how much water is used or wasted during the process?
- check for certification
Plumbing Bros supply and install water filtration systems. If you have a system in mind, contact us for a competitive installation quote.
You may also be interested in;
Other water filter options
When to change a water filter